Tomatoes

hpsauce1995hpsauce1995 United kingdom SomersetPosts: 15
Im on day 46 since planting my tomatoe seeds i have 3 healthy looking green plants but no sign of any flowers im currently doing the transition ready for them to go outside full time does anyone know why i have no flowers yet

• BrexiteerBrexiteer Birmingham Posts: 955
    I haven't got any on mine yet either mate but I'm not overly concerned. I thought it was a bit early yet 
  • hpsauce1995hpsauce1995 United kingdom SomersetPosts: 15
    Ok thank you its just following a garden planner app on my phone said they should be ready to harvest in 20 days 
  • Womble54Womble54 WimbledonPosts: 280
    I wouldn’t worry. I sowed mine a couple of days before you, planted them out just over a week ago and first flowers are only just emerging.
    I think it’s your garden planner that may be off. I don’t know many tomatoes that go from seed to ripe toms in 66 days.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,067
    Tomatoes grown in a greenhouse from May ( seeds planted late February) I would not expect ripe fruit from till last week in July. Give them a little longer if growing outside. Mine only have one pea sized fruit yet , lots of flowers but no fruits.
  • SkandiSkandi Northern DenmarkPosts: 615
    Last year my toms were inside for 60 days planted out the 13th May (it was a hot May!) and they produced fruit on the 12th July.. I would not expect such an early crop this year as last year was very hot, my toms went out today and I expect fruit late July. Tomatoes take a while and the "Days to maturity" thing is always very optimistic in my opinion.