Forum home Problem solving

Plum tree cat

BrexiteerBrexiteer Birmingham Posts: 955

• BrexiteerBrexiteer Birmingham Posts: 955
    My plum tree which I planted last year has just had one of its main branches snapped by our cat. It only has 3 main branches 2 on the one side and one on the other. Now I only have 2 branches on one side and nothing on the other meaning it will now be lop sided with all the weight on one side. Is it a lost cause
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,532
    I'd try splinting and bandaging it, I don't know if a fracture like that would heal,but you've nothing to lose.

Unfortunately I'm out to work now so wouldn't be able to try till later
    josusa47 said:
    I'd try splinting and bandaging it, I don't know if a fracture like that would heal,but you've nothing to lose.

I came home and the leaves wasn't wilted as I expected them to be so I've put a small thin peice of duct tape round it. Hope for the best
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,320
    🤞 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Oh, and attach a heavy weight to the cat before you let it out.
    I'll drown the bleeding thing if it keeps ruining the garden lol ☺☺
  • annmarie 2annmarie 2 Posts: 155
    hi ,   I assure you it will recover it happened to an apple tree I had I just wrapped it up tight and gave it a support until it healed , every year it full of fruit as for the cat there a solar sensor you can buy that my help deter it away  there on amazon , cute cat by the way
    He is a pain in the aris 😂 he turned up in our garden as an abandoned kitten (rat) and me mom took pity on the bleeding thing. He ruining and flattening everything in the garden and has no fear of bees the exact thing in trying to encourage 😂 will be fun when my dahlias open. 
    I wonder what you call him?  I once knew a cat called Sherman, on the grounds that she destroyed everything in her path.