Forum home Problem solving

Help!!!

I've had this plant for nearly a year, I'm not 100% what's going on with him. I've tried popping him in different areas of the house hoping that might be the problem but he always looks a bit sad. I've tried giving him a fertiliser, that's what some of those white specs are due to the spray. But the leafs are always curling under and I'm at a loss now, I tend to leave him be but always let the top inch of soil be relatively damp. Help! 

• BrexiteerBrexiteer Birmingham Posts: 955
    I've given up with houseplants as I can never keep them alive. One fact I was always told is that if you put your finger in the soil and soil is stuck to your finger it don't need watering. Your finger needs to come out clean
  • Hampshire_HogHampshire_Hog Hampshire Coast 100m from the seaPosts: 1,089
    You can find some information here that might help but if you search the name on the web you will find lots of other sites with information.

https://www.ourhouseplants.com/plants/yucca

"You don't stop gardening because you get old, you get old because you stop gardening." - The Hampshire Hog
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 9,853
    The leaves look a bit pale and floppy, so it may be too much fertilizer or not enough light, or both
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,531
    Maybe someone's guitar playing is making it ill?  Seriously, I always those were garden plants, not indoor.  Could you try putting it outside for the summer?
  • Thank you very helpful ! I'll definitely try a bit more light and less watering and see if that does the trick and try to hold back on the guitar playing too Haha, thanks ! 
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 48,939
    Yes - lay off the watering a bit. In their native habitat, they like quite arid conditions. Outside for summer is definitely a good idea too. They're quite hardy apart from over winter. Good free draining, gritty soil for them.
    If it's indoors for winter and out for summer, that should help, but take time to acclimatise it when it goes outside too. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....