Earthing up potatoes . Have I done it right?

B3B3 Posts: 10,003
Is this enough? 

In London. Keen but lazy.

• PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 1,580
    Normally earth them up just as they get above ground. They look good to me though. I've earthed my spuds up today aswell
  • B3B3 Posts: 10,003
    edited 19 May
    Thanks @Perki .I haven't a clue about growing vegetables😕 i did this last week
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 2,258
    Look fine to me too, B3. 

I must admit I do it the cheats way, plant in trench at recommended depth, then cover and then earth up right away, which creates channels that I then flood with water once a week. Otherwise I leave them to their own devices. These Charlottes are grown using this method and look like this at the mo (in between onions/garlic and peas/beans), excuse the weeds and strimmer debris! Plus first flower!

Wow! Who needs formal flower gardendr. That's beautiful!
    Cheers, it does look pretty lush just now, but will be all over apart from the toms, peppers and aubergines, come the end of June! Must do something about those paths and make more space for companion planting too. I dream of aged terracotta bricks...
    You only need time and terracotta
  • SmudgeriiSmudgerii Posts: 24
    Earthed and then covered with straw.
    Not much straw available in london😕
    Well I’ve certainly already got the ‘aged’ down to a tee, B3 ;)

Don’t think you really need straw, unless you are short of earth. There’s a joke in there somewhere...
    Plenty of earth. I even shake it off stuff going into the council bin. A precious commodity containing my own personal weeds.