Forum home Wildlife gardening

Stolen bird feeder

• josine2302josine2302 The Netherlands, RotterdamPosts: 68
    We’re they the red ones? They’re lovely  🐿  😊 

We get the imported grey ones here and no bird’s nest is safe 😢 
    Yes the red ones. I loved to go to the park and feed them as a child. They were quite tame. I fed them.... peanuts😂. They all died in the nineties. I have no idea how. Our nat. hist. museum has done some research but they haven’t found the reason. 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 72,677
     :'( 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Don’t be sad. I’m already cheered up by all of your comments. We’re going to hang some feeders in our neighbours’ garden tomorrow😜
    islander said:
    Don’t be sad. I’m already cheered up by all of your comments. We’re going to hang some feeders in our neighbours’ garden tomorrow😜
    LOVE it! 
    😜
  • HelixHelix 704m altitude...Posts: 631
    Make sure you attach the feeders with a small padlock 🤪  Even if the neighbours disapprove of you feeding the parakeets that’s no excuse to steal!    

But people walking past and liking them is very different from living next to them!  I stayed in a house next to a park with a flock of budgies and it was horrendous, so I do have sympathy with your neighbours.  Who was there first, the neighbours or the parakeets?
    Helix said:
    Make sure you attach the feeders with a small padlock 🤪  Even if the neighbours disapprove of you feeding the parakeets that’s no excuse to steal!    

But people walking past and liking them is very different from living next to them!  I stayed in a house next to a park with a flock of budgies and it was horrendous, so I do have sympathy with your neighbours.  Who was there first, the neighbours or the parakeets?
    The neighbours, I’m afraid. They are quite noisy, you’re right. We are softies. 
    islander said:
    Having lives among nesting magpies  ( until I trained the dog to "see em off";magpies hate loud noise,,_ ) I can fully sympathise with your neighbours but stealing is another matter altogether .
    The parakeets are only present during office hours. They wake up around 9 o’clock and go to sleep early in some large trees 6 km’s from here. They all sleep together, the Rotterdam parakeets.
  • Singing GardenerSinging Gardener EssexPosts: 1,173
    My daughter's bird feeder disappeared from her garden a couple of days ago and I suggested squirrels. Yesterday she spotted a family of foxes playing with it in her neighbour's untended garden!
  • B3B3 Posts: 18,989
    If someone was attracting parakeets to my garden, I'd be sorely tempted to liberate the bird feeder too.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    My daughter's bird feeder disappeared from her garden a couple of days ago and I suggested squirrels. Yesterday she spotted a family of foxes playing with it in her neighbour's untended garden!
    We actually do have foxes in the city here. Who knows..