Forum home Plants

Looking after them and making them last

I buy lots of plants and lose some of them, would anyone like a programme where a gardener talks us thru the care of a plant, i.e. buy, choose the right plant, plant how and where, aftercare how to divide, keep over winter, just a thought

• purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,248
    edited May 2019
    Nice basic info for new gardeners, would have been nice when I first started.
    Books don't always explain as well as watching someone do something.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,940
    The RHS web site’s quite good for that, tells you about soil types, conditions, propagating and all sorts of useful info. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,483
    And there’s lots of helpful information and videos on the How To section of this site 😊 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 1,287
    @Dovefromabove , even I forget there is a "How to" part on site.
    I think people find only the forum via a search and often the rest is not seen.

I know I have gone looking for answers and come across links to information already here from an "outside" search :D

Oops. Hello and welcome Susan, hope you find what you are looking for here and it is bewildering when you start out, but a lot you also learn over time and "on the ground" experience. None of us likes to lose a plant, but we've all done it.