Spring bulbs - Newbie gardener

Hi fellow Gardeners.
I am fairly new to the gardening world and just finding my feet.
I planted all my spring bulbs in pots which have now come to an end, but I’m not sure what to do next, I’ve let the foliage die down but not sure what to do next 🤔.
Should I remove the bulbs to dry them out before replanting in the garden next Autumn?
There are daffs, tulips, iris, crocus & hyacinths.
Advice much appreciated.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 54,541
    Hello and welcome :)
    I put mine in their pots in a quiet corner (behind the shed) and leave them there for the summer. In September I take them out and repot them in fresh compost and start them off again. 
    They don’t always perform ad well after the first year, but they’re usually worth keeping for two or three years. 
    Hope that helps 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 24,561
    I do the same as Dove with ones that are staying in pots for a while, although I don'tt replace  all the compost, just the top section, but you can also plant out the daffs and crocus in the garden where they will do better, and you can do that at any time as long as the soil conditions are suitable. They will both cope with moister ground too.
    The other three types will tend to dimish over time, as already said, but you can give them a liquid feed which will give them a little bit of help too.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Carole170Carole170 Posts: 4
    Thanks Dovefromabove will find a nice shady spot for them to rest over summer 🤗
    Thanks Fairygirl, can do a both of both bits of advice, grateful thanks 🤗
  • LadyG2LadyG2 Posts: 29
    Hello,
    Same as others have said, leave them in the pots, give them a liquid feed and start them again in autumn.
    I like to plant up new ones though, cos I'm a sucker for buying bulbs!
    so I tend to plant them out in the garden and then I have the pots free for summer plants. 
    All the best
    Louise

https://plantsbulbsseeds.com/summer-flower-bulbs-a-colourful-addition-to-summer-gardens/
    Thanks Louise, like the sound of that 👍
  • Dirty HarryDirty Harry Posts: 459
    Why is it tulips stop doing as well in subsequent years compared to bulbs like daffs?