Petrol lawnmower

I have recently bought a petrol lawnmower. I am a bit concerned where my fuel disappears to? I have filled it to max and cut my front and back grass. When I store it in the garage there is a string smell of fuel. There is no leak on the floor. After about 3 or 5 days the tank is completely dry. It's like I've never put fuel in. I've had to fill it 3 times so far. Please help. 

• IamweedyIamweedy Cheshire East. Posts: 1,364
    Is your garage secure. 

'You must have some bread with it me duck!'

• KT53KT53 Posts: 3,596
    The fuel tank draining in a few days certainly suggests that there is a fuel leak somewhere, as does the strong smell of petrol.  If this is a new mower you should return it to wherever you purchased it.
  • UpNorthUpNorth South Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK Posts: 320
    agreed with the above.  unless the 'tank' on the mower is very small indeed.  my mower is a fair sized one, self-propelled and i am always surprised how little it uses.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,942
    I've just read this and my immediate reaction was "fuel leak". Whatever it is, if you've only just bought it, l agree with KT53, take it back to the supplier and request a replacement. And for heaven's sake don't light any matches or cigarettes.......
  • My garage is secured. Thanks for the comments.