Forum home Garden design

Miracle 4 in 1

I have laid turf down in places that needed to be replaced and I was wondering if I could put 4 in 1 miracle grow evergreen complete down, they  were only laid last Saturday so is it too soon? Thanks

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,502
    edited May 2019
     too soon in my opinion 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• How long do you think i should wait as I've noticed that I have a couple of brown patches and thought some food may have helped
    I’d rather use something like a soluble seaweed fertiliser that you can water onto the brown patches with a watering can, rather than the 4 in 1 that will contain various weed killer and moss killer as well as fertiliser. 

Are the brown patches just circled of dead grass or large areas of thatch or ...?

Could we see a photo ... it might give us an idea of possible options for treatment. 

😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Thanks this is the worst patch just on corners of a couple of others are going brown
    Is there any possibility that a female dog or a vixen might have peed there?

• Yes we do get foxes in the garden, didn't think of that
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,557
    Just wondering why that square has been lifted? 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• It's on a lip, there is wood running down the side at the bottom in between stepping stones, if that makes sense, I'm not sure why as it was like this when we moved here
  • RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 1,185
    edited May 2019
    As it is newly laid, is it in proper contact with the soil?
    Have you watered it well? We have not had a lot of rain here.
    It looks to me like the turf has shrunk, there are gaps.
    Also make sure there are not any large stones underneath the soil surface.

I don't quite understand your explanation of a lip, sorry if I missed or misunderstood something.
    When laying turf you have to butt up the turf to edges of other grass or themselves or they dry out quickly.

Edited as I can't construct a sentence or spell....