Beech hedge, discolouring

WillieB06WillieB06 Posts: 11
Can anyone advised on what is causing discoloration of new growth on this beech hedge.  We are 50m above sea level in South Lanarkshire in the Clyde Valley.

• RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 957
    Hi WillieB06 your photo is not appearing yet.
    If you are having problems this link may help . Or if you say what you are doing more knowledgeable members can talk you through why it may not be appearing.

https://forum.gardenersworld.com/discussion/1010384/how-to-upload-a-picture-or-embed-other-media#latest

• WillieB06WillieB06 Posts: 11

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 52,211
    We had a warm spell followed by  a period of frosts and cold winds.  That looks like young growth with frost/cold damage. It’ll set it back a bit but it’ll recover and by the summer it’ll be forgotten about. 
    If you want to help it along,  a feed with Fish Blood and Bone followed by watering and then an organic mulch,  will be good for it. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• WillieB06WillieB06 Posts: 11
    Dovefromabove - you've just confirmed my thoughts and those of a neighbour whose newly planted beech hedge is suffering similarly.  His thoughts were the same as yours.   Thanks.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 52,211
    Great minds think alike .... and you know the rest 😉 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh