Paint on plants

Sam80Sam80 North HampshirePosts: 18
Morning

I wondered if anyone has any ideas on this please.

I had a handyman visit to paint my boundary fence and I’ve noticed splashes of paint everywhere including on all my plants. Really upset. It’s water soluble but it doesn’t easily come off. Should I just leave it or try and cut off the leaves with worst paint on? It’s on various shrubs and Lupins etc

thanks very much

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 52,166
    I’d leave it and not worry. At this time of year plants are growing so fast the new leaves will soon hide the old ones. If some look particularly garish you could snip them off but dont denude the plant. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Sam80Sam80 North HampshirePosts: 18
    Thank you dovefromabove. I’m not worried about the look so much as any toxicity or harm it might cause. I don’t have the tin to see if it was harmful to plants 
  • ImpatientGardenerImpatientGardener Posts: 234
    I did the same whilst painting my fence. Didn't seem to harm the plants at all. It can look unsightly though, he should have put a sheet down over the plants if he expected splashes. I guess he won't be getting any more of your money, and a bad online review!
    If you want to be really cheeky you could ask him for a refund so you can replace all the plants he ruined.
    Paint your fence!
  • Sam80Sam80 North HampshirePosts: 18
    Impatientgardener - you've no idea. He made so much mess! 

Thanks very much. Good to know it didn't harm your plants  :)
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 2,627
    My neighbour painted the trellis fence between us and splashed paint all over my plants. They were fine afterwards although I cut most of the affected leaves off my veg. Give them a few good waterings where you soak the leaves and it might help.
  • Big Blue SkyBig Blue Sky Posts: 216
    I painted our fence a few weeks ago and the plants got a lot of splashes of paint on them. They really didn’t mind, you can hardly see anything anymore.