hydrangea chopped

please help, I’m so upset and angry, my partner this afternoon cut my 2yr old hydrangea down to the ground as thought it was a weed !! . will it grow back? 
It had about 2ft of growth after winter, now stumps at soil level 

• amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 227
    It should do, but depending of what type it is you may not get any flowers this year. Have a read on the pruning page on the RHS website https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=516 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 227
    You may want to delete one of the posts @vickiemck posting it twice will confuse any advice that maybe forthcoming. And put in the dog house that silly man 😂
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,471
    Give it a liquid feed of tomato feed or seaweed to give it a boost and then cross your fingers.   Give it till mid summer to see if it recovers and grows new shoots.

Meanwhile, start on partner training.  He should do nothing in the garden without first checking with you that he's not making another mistake.  It may take a long time but mine has finally learned to tell me what he's planning before he does it.   
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw