Poo identification

I found this poo on the block paving. Any ideas on who may have produced it, something exciting hopefully! Thanks in advance!

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 3,394
    Could be hedgehog? 
  • ShepsSheps Posts: 816
    Agree with, Anni... looks like Hedgehog to me too.
  • Old Arthritic marcOld Arthritic marc Birmingham Posts: 258
    Hedgehog definitely. Be happy you have them as they are becoming scarcer 
  • Groove_shystaGroove_shysta Posts: 15
    Thank you so much for the id. A Hedgehog that’s really good news, I haven’t seen one in garden before but I don’t go out much in the dark. 

You can put out a dish of water for them, even if you don't want to put out food (if you do, a meat based cat or dog food is fine, but not mealworms). If you have a look around your garden boundary you may be able to see a gap under the fence where they are coming in and out.  :)
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 1,396
    We put out special hog food bought from pet shops or elsewhere , and our hogs drink from large pottery plant saucers that are out for the birds.

This morning hubby had to be up and out earlier than usual so looked out and saw the male hog wandering around at about 5ish am, probably left the food as two jackdaws were eating some.
  • Lancashire LassLancashire Lass Posts: 282
    Definitely hedgehog! I am away at the moment and i have a kind neighbor coming in to feed my hedgehogs with their usual dried food. Couldn't just leave them without. We had a camera trained on the feeding area one night and recorded 8 hedgehog visits in all!
    Got to keep them happy. I find the Spike dried food  is not expensive and goes a long way with the added advantage that on the rare night that the food is left, i just leave it there for the next night.
    AnniD said:
    You can put out a dish of water for them, even if you don't want to put out food (if you do, a meat based cat or dog food is fine, but not mealworms). If you have a look around your garden boundary you may be able to see a gap under the fence where they are coming in and out.  :)

edited 16 May
    @Old Arthritic marc , mealworms are really bad for hedgehogs, they are the equivalent of human junk food. They cause calcium deficiency, the hoggy equivalent of osteoporosis .
    People think "Oh, l'm only putting out a few, a little treat", but hedgehogs visit several gardens in a night, so if they are getting mealworms in each one, it soon adds up.
    This article gives some more advice (hopefully the bit from the hedgehog rescue can be clicked on to read in a larger size)  :)
    https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/forums/topic/what-to-feed-hedgehogs-the-danger-of-too-many-mealworms/
    AnniD said:
    @Old Arthritic marc , mealworms are really bad for hedgehogs, they are the equivalent of human junk food. They cause calcium deficiency, the hoggy equivalent of osteoporosis .
    People think "Oh, l'm only putting out a few, a little treat", but hedgehogs visit several gardens in a night, so if they are getting mealworms in each one, it soon adds up.
    This article gives some more advice  :)
    https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=194
    Cheers mate ☺ blimey my hedgehogs are probably as arthritic as me as I've been feeding them a few for years now, I got the idea off some sort of wildlife page on the net. I also feed them a few dry cat food biscuits with water is that OK?