Plastic greenhouse

I am looking for a walk in plastic greenhouse. I have limited space in my garden and it's a rented house so am unable to buy a permanent greenhouse. Is there any stand out greenhouses that people have had before 

• purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 1,671
    Dont waste money getting an expensive one as they are much the same. Pound shop, or B&Q are fine and with the advantage of in a couple of years you can just buy the plastic cover not the whole thing, cheaper.
  • BirminghamMarc1972BirminghamMarc1972 Birmingham Posts: 593
    I got mine from eBay and it's working well. The cover has lasted 3 years now but it'll need replacing next year. The odds of getting a walk in plastic greenhouse for £1 is very very slim 
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 1,671
    Not that kind of pound shop @Old Arthritic marc 😂 they do sell things more than a pound too, at least in ours they do.😁
  • NannaBooNannaBoo Posts: 860
    I bought mine from Aldi for £24.99 this is the 4th year and it's still fine. I bought the one with green in it as it gives some shading. I don't tie it down incase it rips but put a piece of wood across the bottom and then either a bag of compost, shingle or sand to hold it in place. If you have room for the next size up I'd go for that as you will be surprise how quickly you fill it and run out of space.
    Mines 6 x 6 and full of plants. I didn't expect to have that many
  • ajjakey.ajajjakey.aj Posts: 2
    Thanks. Got one from b&m and it ripped the first day I had it was just cheap plastic. Had seen a few online that were called premium that had small windows on them, think they were about 45 didn't want to spend that if it was just going to rip. Have a mini one at the minute put filled that up strait away 
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,138
    I tried the walk in type and it was useless.  Very little shelf space, and the frame was made of so many small bits that the wind shook it to bits, the shelves fell down and hours of potting and sowing were wasted.  I freecycled it and bought one that is all shelves, no space to stand in it, and sited it in a less windy spot. It is now in its second season and no problems.
    josusa47 said:
    I tried the walk in type and it was useless.  Very little shelf space, and the frame was made of so many small bits that the wind shook it to bits, the shelves fell down and hours of potting and sowing were wasted.  I freecycled it and bought one that is all shelves, no space to stand in it, and sited it in a less windy spot. It is now in its second season and no problems.
    All you do is tie the shelving to the framework job done. I used cable ties took me 5 minutes of my time. No pottings or seeds wasted at all due to the structure of my plastic greenhouse only if the cat get in there. 
    Thanks. Got one from b&m and it ripped the first day I had it was just cheap plastic. Had seen a few online that were called premium that had small windows on them, think they were about 45 didn't want to spend that if it was just going to rip. Have a mini one at the minute put filled that up strait away 
    Not sure on the price mate think mine was 45 pounds and it's lasted a few years
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,138
    josusa47 said:
    All you do is tie the shelving to the framework job done. I used cable ties took me 5 minutes of my time. No pottings or seeds wasted at all due to the structure of my plastic greenhouse only if the cat get in there. 
    Wouldn't have done any good.  The shelves fell down because the entire structure collapsed.