Beautiful churchyard flowers!

madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,350
Walked through my local churchyard this morning and the flowers were wonderful!

“Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 12,801
    edited 15 May
    Beautiful  I love the way they constantly change,  snowdrops, primroses, bluebells, ox eye daisy, 
    OH was grass cutting in our local church at the weekend and they were leaving the patches of wild flowers, the warden said a few people had complained to the diocese that it was being neglected and looked untidy, the bishop put them right😀

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 2,848
    Had lunch with a friend today whose tiny lawn was covered with daisies and looked fantastic - she didn't like it as she thought it looked untidy!
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,350
    I love lawns with lots of daisies and 'weeds' they are so much more interesting than the monotone,boring green ones!
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • islanderislander A small island off the west coast of Ireland. Posts: 852
    The first time I saw poached egg plant was in a graveyard here. They had planted it on the grave and it had spread and was a sheer glory. I had to look it up and have been growing it every year since then.  

• DampGardenManDampGardenMan Posts: 998
    I planted some once and it spread and spread and spread and ... took a long time to get rid of it! So keep an eye on it :)
  • islanderislander A small island off the west coast of Ireland. Posts: 852
    I planted some once and it spread and spread and spread and ... took a long time to get rid of it! So keep an eye on it :)
     But I want it to spread, and will never want to get rid of it. Over neglected paths etc. I grew many plants of it last year and only two have come up this year. when I saw the way it covered that grave i fell in love! Perfect I thought. Colour where I want it