Please help Identify plants

aphill24aphill24 Posts: 6
edited 15 May in Plants
Hi All, if I post a few photos would you kindly help identify please.
Thanks in advance 

• aphill24aphill24 Posts: 6

• Old Arthritic marcOld Arthritic marc Birmingham Posts: 248
    Why have you been asked to look after a garden long term if you don't know what your doing ?
    I was asking for help, if you can't add anything please ignore the thread.
  • matt_fendermatt_fender Posts: 74
    Looks like bay to me.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 23,400
    Why have you been asked to look after a garden long term if you don't know what your doing ?
    Where does it say the OP has been asked to do that?
    He's asking for ID, that's all, and fortunately he's been given the advice  needed.
    Oh the devil in me said, go down to the shed
    I know where I belong

• ImpatientGardenerImpatientGardener Posts: 234
    @Fairygirl The post was edited after old man marc's unhelpful comment.
    Paint your fence!
    Thanks for help
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 15,836
    edited 15 May
    It's the culinary form which means the leaves can be used in cooking but nobody needs that many.  Depending on the style of the rest of the garden you can keep it clipped as a rounded shrubs so it stays in bounds or straight and formal like a hedge or a cube.   

If allowed to get tall, these shrubs can get very dense and dark and looming.   We inherited a tall, dark one in our new garden and sat and looked at it for 18 months before we decided it needed to be lightened.   I took off all the stems up my head height leaving a multi-stemmed shrub we can see thru and which looks and feels lighter.

This is the before and after from March last year.

Now we can see where we're going with the mower and the dogs can play ticky more easily.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw