Gardening clog recommendations

NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 2,553
I have some Dirt Boot half rubber, half neoprene boots that are really comfy and have a reinforced sole for heavy digging, but they are too hot for summer use.

Can anyone recommend a pair of sturdy rubber clogs, slip off, without any back, that would still be ok for light digging? Most of them look pretty flimsy...

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,714
    I bought a pair from Lidl, years ago, still going strong, about £4.90 I think, this winter they had the same but with a detachable fur lining you can wash, very robust I think. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,039
    I have some "Backdoor Shoes". Very robust & comfy but more expensive than the ones from Lidl....
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 1,493
    I wear cheapo "mock crocs" for general pottering and lightweight stuff. The current ones are now falling to bits but they've been in use for about 4 or 5 years. For digging (or stepping in amongst prickly stuff) I put on an old pair of walking boots and put up with my feet getting hot.
  • IamweedyIamweedy Cheshire East. Posts: 1,364
    I have some clogs  from our local Strikes GC. I do prefer my wellies though.

'You must have some bread with it me duck!'

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,707
    I buy Briers clogs (with detachable liners) when I can get hold of a small size. They last for a couple of years I suppose, but then seem to get 'sloppy' so dangerous on our slopes and steps. I use them for occasional digging when planting.
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,674
    I also have the Briers clogs.They are just right for popping into the garden so are left in the porch.I once got halfway into town and found I was still wearing them (mind you I did that with slippers once.......).
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • B3B3 Posts: 10,532
    Lidl had some the other day, but they didn't fit me. Just as well as they were rather pink.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 2,553
    Thanks everyone, seems Briers are pretty popular so will check those out and other recommendations. Trouble with Lidl is you have to be there at the right time, blink and you miss them, but possibly not if they’re pink!
    I'm also looking at medical type clogs which have come up in searches, some of these look a lot sturdier than the ‘gardening’ ones...
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 2,553
    These are my heavy digging boots, btw, waterproof, good padded footbed, strong sole and the metal reinforced bits prevent them splitting when leaning heavily on your spade. Not cheap, but brilliant. They also do a sort of clog called a carp shoe, but unfortunately they are too enclosed and grippy at the back to slip on and off easily...

• Green MagpieGreen Magpie Posts: 802
    I got some good clogs from Aldi, probably similar in quality and price to Lidl ones, although they don't have them all the time. Crocs are OK but the soft soles are not very strong, and in a garden like mine with a lot of gravel surfaces they soon wear thin and you can feel every stone through them. The Aldi clogs are tougher.