Anyone fancy a visit to Kew?

LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 5,195
As you may know, there's a visit by Forum members to Wisley, taking place on Saturday July 20th.  You can find details here
https://forum.gardenersworld.com/discussion/1026949/who-fancies-a-trip-to-wisley/p1
if you're interested in joining in!

Some people felt Wisley was too far for them.  On Friday July 19th, three of us (so far) are going to meet up at Kew Gardens for the day.  We'd be delighted to include anyone else who can make it!   :)
"The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore

• B3B3 Posts: 9,533
    I'd like to come please.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 5,195
    Great!   :)
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • PicidaePicidae RutlandPosts: 667
    Do you have any idea of the timings? Peak time rail travel is very expensive so it’s difficult to arrive before about 1.00 pm
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,186
    @Picidae - it would be fine to get there whatever time suits you.....we will come back to the entrance to meet you whenever you arrive.  I expect I will get there about 10.30, but am happy to solo wander for a bit. 
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
    The gardens are open from 10am to 8pm that day, so there would still be plenty of time to explore, @Picidae.  I'll probably be there by 10 - only got to get the tube.   :)
  • steephillsteephill Posts: 800
    Was there yesterday, here's a quick teaser of what you might see.

The Hive.

If you are lucky you may also see some plants too! :)
    Thanks, @steephill.  Those sculptures are magnificent...
  • HelixHelix 704m altitude...Posts: 444
    There are only about 30 sculptures, so you can walk on by.....otherwise the sculpture exhibition finishes in October so go next year! 
  • B3B3 Posts: 9,533
    @steephill, great pictures. Worth a look and as helix says, you can walk past if they don't appeal.

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,331
    I was unmoved by the prospect of the Chihuly sculptures at Kew, but those pictures have made me really look forward to seeing them :smile:
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero