Forum home Wildlife gardening

The frogs have moved in

Our pond is full of frogs and tadpoles! Unfortunately the tads are too quick to get a decent photo but I managed to snap this Guy the other day ☺️

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,135
    Well done with the frogs Rachel, did you hear them when they were mating. Noisy wotsits through the night.  Hopefully you get some little frogs to eat all your slugs. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,626
    I have a frog in my greenhouse, there are few slugs in there this year.😁
  • JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Paris FrancePosts: 905
    You are so lucky.
    They do seem to like my garden (even though I dont have a pond) as I have resident toads too, but I am not too precious about being tidy.
  • HOLEDIGGERHOLEDIGGER Posts: 87
    Frogs if your lucky enough to have any are one of the best ways to keep gardens environmentally friendly, i have a small pond + this year have tried to save the Tadpoles + showing the school children the development through the months, this could mean NO chemicals + a better environment for birds, insects + other animals to live in.
    I do use a little weed killer,  but only on paths. Everything else gets hand pulled, usually when it's big enough to see what it is for sure as I tend to get a bit of self seeding so need to wait and see.🙂
  • EsspeeEsspee Posts: 274
    My little wildlife pond is about three years old now.  It is hoaching with taddies yet I never see a frog mature enough to spawn. :(
    They often don't live in the area where they leave the water (hence my greenhouse frog with no pond in sight) , also such a small percentage reach full size.