Forum home Plants

G W coming on soon

• BijdezeeBijdezee Posts: 1,484
    I thought the ideas for disabled gardening were very good. I could do with a grabber to get at mine. 
  • LG_LG_ Posts: 4,344
    The disabled gardening section was really good, and it was great to see Mark actually planting something rather than just saying what he would use.

However, almost all the tips understandably relied on having two hands available - impossible to push the trolley and move the chair with only one functioning hand, or use the (rather good) grabber plus secateur method. The planting could be done one handed, and has been noted :-). Some tips & tricks for gardening after a stroke, given that it's the leading cause of disability in this country, would be a good follow up I think.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • LG_LG_ Posts: 4,344
    I suspect Monty's caution on the ensata was based on personal experience. Here in the SE mine have been fine too, but he's a lot further north than me. 
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,570
    Did anyone else notice that Brian Skilton  the gardener in the "wilding" garden used to be Jamie Olivers gardener in Jamie at Home ?    Lovely voice, gentle but with gravitas.
  • robiwanrobiwan Posts: 206
    Did anyone else notice that Brian Skilton  the gardener in the "wilding" garden used to be Jamie Olivers gardener in Jamie at Home ?    Lovely voice, gentle but with gravitas.
    yep was my favourite jamie series  :)
    Really enjoyed the show with adam also like frances however monty is still king :)
    monty is back  :)
  • Why 30 minutes though?
    don't know some sporting event probably

hoping for i nice gentle program tonight