RESURRECTED SEVENTY-FIVE

Muddle-UpMuddle-Up Posts: 13,531
Aberdeenshire, NE Scotland 🌞

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,120
    Ah, maypole dancing. We did that at my primary school and they still do it on the village green in a little village near here. Great stuff. The boys always used to try and tangle the girls up in the ribbons.😁

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Rebecca110Rebecca110 Posts: 1,071
    Pansy it brings back memories of watching this at the school fair.
  • Rebecca110Rebecca110 Posts: 1,071
    Pauline it's good you were sorted and you didn't have to wait too long.  Take care.
  • Muddle-UpMuddle-Up Posts: 13,531
    Morning, Rebecca 😀

We did maypole dancing in Infants class, I loved it!  Can't remember too much about it, but I always wanted to hold a green ribbon.  Not seen maypole dancing, or a maypole for years and years.
    Aberdeenshire, NE Scotland 🌞
    I never knew that the tradition got as far as the Caribbean. Typical that they make it much more jazzy😁. Miss Smith would never have condoned such behaviour in our village.😬

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m8PwifLvh30

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 14,492
    No tradition of Maypoles up here but as children we would wash our faces in the morning dew.

Lost Edinburgh: Washing your face in the May dew

May Day morning on Arthurs Seat in 1965 - 4 girls wash their faces in the morning dew as the sun comes up Picture Copyright TSPL
    SW Scotland
  • ForestedgeForestedge Posts: 3,610
    Lovely Kate Greenaway picture M-U.
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 4,869
    Maybe it was compulsory to make the infants dance around the maypole, cause I remember doing it too.  Half the fun was getting tangled in the ribbons 😃.

Hi Rebecca, hope you are well 🌻.
    Hi Joyce. Is that boiler staying trouble free?
    Yes, I tried the Arthur’s Seat treatment, Joyce. Made me the woman I am today.🧟‍♀️
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 14,492
    I didn't do it often enough Pansy.
    Kitty, boiler is behaving now and heating goes on in the evening as it's still chilly. 

SW Scotland