HELLO FORKERS ... May 2019

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,938
edited 1 May in The potting shed
Here’s the Hello Forkers for May ... a place where everyone’s welcome to chat about this and that ... let’s get started ...
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,938
    It’s a misty moisty morning here in Norfolk ... I think it’s going to be milder today ...
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 2,603
    Morning all. Thanks for being the early bird and setting us up for May @Dovefromabove.
    Have a good day everybody. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,471
    edited 1 May
    It's May Day!   In France and Belgium people offer each other sprigs of lily of the valley.

Have a lovely day everyone and, for those who need them, lots of hugs.

Glad you enjoyed your day BL. I'm afraid for me, any opera lasting more than a few minutes seems very long tho I do like the slave's chorus form Nabuco.  Only decent tune in the whole thing.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 2,603
    That is a lovely tradition @Obelixx - their fragrance is delightful. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,938
    Our lily of the valley has produced a couple of flowering sprigs ... hurrah! It’s taken several years to get to this stage 😉 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 20,609
    edited 1 May
    Morning all.
    lily of the valley is one of those things that lots fail to establish. I looked after a garden where we dug it out by the  barrowload every year to keep it under control.
    Last night's forecast rain didn't arrive.
    Devon.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,548

Morning all. Sunny at the moment.

Tom Tom the Sat Nav has died. Got a bit lost going to Southwold yesterday as map didn't show that road I wanted to turn right onto was an underpass with no entrance and nothing was signposted. We are going to a  retail park today to pick up a mattress for the bunk beds as OH's GCs are coming this weekend. So happens that Curry's are there too so we should be able to buy a Tom Tom.

Faust, filmed from Covent Garden, last night was really good but very long, the time passed quickly but I was rather stiff.

Dordogne and Norfolk
    @Busy-Lizzie, have you tried rebooting it on your computer? Maybe return to factory settings, then re download? Just a thought.
    Devon.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 6,841

25 years ago, yesterday.
    Time slide, place to hide, nudge reality
    Foresight, minds wide, magic imagery, oh-ho...
    Aw Bless.
    Devon.
This discussion has been closed.