Pea Sticks

Where to find these in Scotland? All I can seem to find are only 90cm tall which defeats the point.

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,217
    I've no idea, but could you lash two together with duct tape?  Or buy longer ones online?
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 335
    Gardman sell 1.8m high willow sticks which would be good...most garden centres should be able to order them in https://www.longacres.co.uk/gardening-products/plant-protection-and-support/canes-and-stakes/gardman-willow-pea-sticks-1-8m-pack-of-10-08002/ 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • caledonia64caledonia64 Posts: 18
    josusa47 said:
    I've no idea, but could you lash two together with duct tape?  Or buy longer ones online?
    The issue seems to be postage in terms of the longer ones available online: increasingly (in terms of all kinds of products) there are ever frequent and ever heftier surcharges for almost every kind of product if you live north of Stirling; even though where I live, just  is on a main dual carriageway, and the town just south the oil capital of Europe it is classified as Highlands (no, it is not) or remote or even offshore (which it is not) or an island.  
    Or things just are not delivered to my postcode at all (this often the case with DD, PH, AB, PA, KW, Z, IV postcodes).
  • SkandiSkandi Northern DenmarkPosts: 597
    Caledonia I had that issue when I lived IN Aberdeen..  How about using charles dowdings method, two large fence posts 2-2.5m tall with string run inbetween?
  • caledonia64caledonia64 Posts: 18
    Skandi said:
    Caledonia I had that issue when I lived IN Aberdeen..  How about using charles dowdings method, two large fence posts 2-2.5m tall with string run inbetween?
    I might well do so.