What do you thing about my little design

Hello!

This is a little space designed by me and my sister. What do you think? And if you have any suggestions I will accept them with pleasure. 

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 15,135
    Is this in Marrakesh, Hajar?

Do the pots act like fountains? A water feature would be lovely for the birds.

I think that you might not want to sit in the sun, but here in UK we would probably have a seat somewhere so that we could enjoy a moment of sunshine before the next rainstorm.😁
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • 1Runnybeak11Runnybeak1 Posts: 8,429
    A beautiful design Hajar.   Did you and your sister help with the manual work or just design it ?   Like Pansy has already said, the addition of a water feature might be good.   
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,673
    edited 29 April
    Looks rather like a Show Garden to me ... walkways around it and posts at all four corners preventing anyone from using the paths ...
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,333
    It’s lovely, I especially like the giant crayons making up the edging. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• hajar.345hajar.345 Posts: 9
    edited 30 April
    Thank you my friends.. yes it is in Marrakech. We designed it and of course planted the succulents with the help of other persons.. thank you all for your comments ❤❤❤
  • oooftoooft Posts: 163
    I think it's lovely but like the others feel it needs some water. Also I would like some flowers for colour, scent and biodiversity 
    okey I will take this remark into consideration. Thank you :) 
  • mrtjformanmrtjforman Posts: 204
    I'm sure if I posted a picture of my garden people would hate it so I don't know how valid my opinion is but I like things to have a purpose - not just look nice.

So you can probably see where I am going with this as other have alreasy pointed out the walkways are blocked by posts and even if they weren't they don't actually lead anywhere. The central area is covered in pots and clutter. 

Sorry that's how I see it, I can see thought and effort has been put in but it doesn't work for me.
  • HelixHelix 704m altitude...Posts: 548
    It’s nice to look at in a photo, but I wonder how easy it would be for a blind person not to trip on the stones across the paths or the slight step at the corners?  Or a mother with a pushchair?And as others have said you can’t walk across it, so I wonder where the desire lines are?  

The edging stones could make cutting/weeding the grass complicated, and it’s the sort of very formal design that only looks good if the maintenance is impeccable.   Sorry, but I think it could be improved. 
    thanks again for your constructive remarks