Gardening wear.....

• B3B3 Posts: 10,386
    You look all business @Papi Jo . I bet the weeds hide when they see you coming!
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,568
    In the winter I wear a parka that I bought for my son when he was at his secondary school,  he’s 51 now. They don’t make them like they used to.
    After David had left school, my Mum had the coat, used for dog walking and gardening, now it’s mine again for gardening, it’s lovely, got a nice quilted lining. 

For the poster that said her trousers were too short, that’s the best ones to have, if I have to walk to the bottom of the garden, I roll mine up or they’d be soaked up to the knees. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,592
    Never shorts, or a skirt. Too many nettles, thistles, brambles and assorted bitey stingy things (including ticks) roaming about for bare ankles (never mind any other bits).
    I try to remember to put my oldest clothes on but in truth, I do a lot of gardening as an hour here or there and it'll be whatever I was wearing anyway. Mostly that'll be jeans and either a t shirt, long sleeved t shirt, loose over shirt, gilet, fleece jacket or assorted combinations of those.
    The thing about working from home is that even when working, I am still dressed like a scarecrow.

Flying...
    Or am I falling?
  • HelixHelix 704m altitude...Posts: 580
    I prefer bare legs as I can see the ticks trying to climb up....  the times I’ve been bitten have always been when wearing long trousers! 
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 6,769
    Bought various bits in sales ie 2 pairs of work trousers from Lidl £6-00 , excellent pair of boots from Asda £5-00 also wear old shirts / jumpers / wax jacket 
    Just bought a new fleece for £10 , a bit extravagant lol 
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,884
    @lyn, it was me with short trousers. I had a pair of striped socks on yesterday,  and it was uncanny. 

• HelixHelix 704m altitude...Posts: 580
    I wish there was a way to “like” posts on here as you have all made me laugh - thanks!
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 809
    A friend’s mother has special ‘frying shoes’.
  • oooftoooft Posts: 163
    I generally wear jeans and a t shirt, sweatshirt,  padded jacket if cold. When it's very warm I wear surgical scrubs which are nice and loose and cool and have two cracking patch pockets. I've been on holiday for over a week though and seem to have done lots of gardening in a fleece housecoat and jammie bottoms. Nipping out first thing to open cold frames etc, leads to watering, weeding, potting on and before I know it the postman is there again looking at me like I'm an escaped mental patient
  • SkandiSkandi Northern DenmarkPosts: 615
    edited 3 May
    I have special trousers, two pairs of leggings and a very light pair of tracksuit bottom type things. also any teashirt that has developed holes, a light fleece jacket or a heavy fluffy lined work coat depending on temperature, both coats are the father in laws cast offs, much mended! it's fine until people stop to talk to me! I was busy planting strawberries last week with a thin jumper on but no bra.. and well the neighbour decided to come say hello for the first time with a bottle of wine. *blushes NOT HAPPY. My previous house was private enough that anything could be done outside in anything or nothing. only a passing train could get a glimpse in down the drive. not so much this house which stands on a main road.