Gardening wear.....

• WestCoastWestCoast Posts: 8
    Three outfit changes in a day, their washing machine must be constantly on!!!

I've the denim and the pattern to sew myself a pair of overalls, nice and bramble proof. No bare legs for me.

• B3B3 Posts: 10,396
    @Helix do you live in Steptford by any chance?
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,438
    I like gardening in skirts - ones with lots of stretch capacity. As long as not pruning bushes.
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,384
    KT53 said:
    This summer I've had to buy a couple of new pairs of trousers as all last years ones seem to have shrunk.
    It's a scientifically proven fact that clothes left in the wardrobe over winter shrink.  There is no other logical explanation of why it happens to so much clothing. :D
    It's all down to Calories.  Calories are small invisible creatures that creep into your wardrobe at night and sew your clothes up tighter while you sleep.
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,656
    edited 28 April
    My gardening ensemble is:-
    2 pairs of old pull on elasticated waist jeans that I wore before I lost weight,so nice and roomy.
    1 khaki coloured fleece that I first wore new to the Millennium Dome.Most of the fleecy bit has gone.
    Just acquired 1 nice Damart blue fleece which my Mum didn't want,this is nice and thick and fleecy!
    1 blue cotton T-shirt from a charity shop.
    1 M&S linen blouse bought new but was always so creased (and I never iron!) so was downgraded for gardening,nice in the summer.

:) 

p.s. I don't wear all of them at the same time  :D

“Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • Tin potTin pot Posts: 878

• HelixHelix 704m altitude...Posts: 583
    But surely we all look just as smart in our well loved fleeces and artfully aged sweatpants? 
  • barry islandbarry island Posts: 821
    Many years ago while holidaying in a caravan in the New Forest which was located in the garden of someones cottage, while booking in the husband of the owner turned up dressed in jodhpurs, riding boots and sports jacket, my 8 year old son asked him "are you going riding"? "Er! no I'm going to deliver someones Birthday present" he said. Obviously the correct dress for the New Forest set when driving about.
  • RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 1,185
    Helix it looks quite practical, I noted it had a fuller rear section as per kilt so thought it would have plenty of straddle space.
    Long enough to keep modesty whatever sex, but I am thinking bottle green waist high Knickers like we used to have to wear at school. :D

You enjoy your combat wear, and trump your family leg pulling, by telling them you are going commando....

I checked it out and found one site advertising, and could not stop laughing at a short video of a male model, "modelling" it. I clicked on it accidentally, thinking it came in more colorways than combat.

Other half came down to see what I was laughing at.

I am a corduroy or denim jeans wearer, also gone from short shorts for summer to longer ones, now having age related legs I would not want to inflict on anyone.
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 2,067
    I know I advocated gardening stark naked in a previous post in this discussion, but I feel more comfy in the apparel illustrated below. Actually I bought the trousers & top for going as invisible as possible when taking macro-photos in nature. I frequently use knee-pads, both for photography and gardening; the ones in the photo are fairly new, as I've worn 2 pairs over the years. Not as classy as the gardening kilt posted by the OP, not the gardening suit? posted by @Tin pot, but it does the job.
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).