Gardening wear.....

• Singing GardenerSinging Gardener EssexPosts: 840
     :D 
  • HelixHelix 704m altitude...Posts: 577
    KT53 said:
    It's a scientifically proven fact that clothes left in the wardrobe over winter shrink.  There is no other logical explanation of why it happens to so much clothing. :D
    😂😂
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 2,065
    Best gardening attire is... going naked. World Naked Gardening Day on May 4th, see http://wngd.org.
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,550
    It’s me it’s never warm enough here on the 4th May.

i couldn’t wear that strait skirt either for gardening, what happens when you need to almost do the splits to reach across . 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• barry islandbarry island Posts: 814
    Since the save the planet, shop responsibly, child labour campaigns started I feel terribly responsible for using the earths resources, just the effect these campaigners wanted I suppose. My gardening clothes are those that I have worn for work and which have got too scruffy so anyone who sees me gardening could mistake me for the scarecrow, I wondered why crows kept landing on my head. ;-)
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,550
    We really should all be sitting around under a tree wearing a bear skin loin cloth, letting the earth do its natural thing.  Yeah right, take the cars away, uproars! 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,905
    The only new gardening apparel I buy are gloves and wellies.   Everything else is stuff I used to wear for every day but is now too baggy, worn or stained to be seen in public now.   Same stuff for painting and decorating too so paint stains join the mix.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 25,677
    Old jogging bottoms for me with any old long sleeved, t-shirt or fleece (depending on the season). I would never even think about a skirt for gardening in knowing some of the poses I get into to straddle, stretch or reach high. Doesn't bear thinking about!
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • HelixHelix 704m altitude...Posts: 577
    It’s a kilt, so plenty of room to stretch legs (as long as I have decent knickers on) and is remarkably comfy.  It feels a lot less restrictive than a pair of shorts.  It’s actually made specifically for arboriculturalists and they have to climb about!    Oh, and its made from recycled plastics and fabrics too...

• B3B3 Posts: 10,366
    The only gardening apparel that I have ever bought was a hideous green hoodie for £4 in an M&S sale. It does the job.
    In London. Keen but lazy.