Pepper plants

My pepper plants are growing nicely on the windowsill and are starting to form buds. Is there anything I need to do to them, or just wait for flowers to appear. 

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,737
    They will need to go in bigger pots very soon, apart from that they’re lovely plants. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 22,335
    Lyn said:
    They will need to go in bigger pots very soon, apart from that they’re lovely plants. 
    took the words right out of my mouth. 
    Well done. I've given up growing peppers, they don't like me.
    Devon.
    Every year I or my daughter buy a red banana shaped red pepper, they’re lovely, I take the  seeds straight out and sow them, every one germinates.

• Thanks everyone, I bought the plants from a local garden centre for about 65p as am trying to grow some veg with my little one. Fingers crossed they amount to something!
  • barry islandbarry island Posts: 849
    I found that sweet peppers are much harder to grow than chilli's as the latter thrive on neglect but sweet peppers need careful watering, I grew some lovely looking juicy sweet peppers one year which turned out to be bitter as the watering had been wrong.
  • dancindufasdancindufas Posts: 60
    Ive been trying to grow chillies with with no success im very jealous of your lovely looking plant 😍
    I’ve never grown chillies but always have a few pepper seeds on the go, 5 this year, they all germinated because they were fresh seeds.

I don’t find them any trouble, weekly feed of tomato food and just water like any other plant. They do need big pots I find.