Long hose recommendations please

B3B3 Posts: 10,532
I have a hozelock cart thing that leaks like the Trevi Fountain. It's driving me up the wall. I've tried replacing connectors. Nothing works😡 I've had enough!
Can anyone recommend a long hose that works properly. I'd rather not attach it to the wall.
In London. Keen but lazy.

• KT53KT53 Posts: 3,596
    I can't help directly, but many of the cart type reels now seem to come as a self-assembly kit and are a real pain to put together.  I have fairly small hands but trying to get to the connector on the inside of the reel to attach the hose led to some fairly ripe language.
  • B3B3 Posts: 10,532
    Yes it produced some fruity language here too. I just about resisted giving it a swift kick
  • WillDBWillDB Posts: 1,965
    edited 24 April
    After being driven nuts with leaking tap connectors and kinks in the hose, I've got a short section of hose for doing the patio, permanently attached to the tap via a hose tail and a jubilee clip - which is so much better than the hozelock connection I used to have.

If I need a longer hose I have one of those corkscrew types that I plug into the end of my usual short hose via a hozelock type connector. I connect my leaky pipe irrigation hose running through my borders in the same way. The hozelock connections always leak a bit but it's OK as long as it's away from the house.
    What's a corkscrew type?
    I was hoping to avoid hozelock connectors, but they seem to have cornered the market.
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 834
    edited 24 April
    I’m delighted with my Gardena wall mounted system. It rewinds effortlessly, doesn’t kink and doesn’t leak. If I had to buy another - and I don’t envisage doing so for quite some while - I would not hesitate about buying it again. 

Having said that, I saw the Flopro range in the garden centre the other day and have read their positive reviews. I was particularly taken by the metal reel. It’s not cheap but I am a firmer believer in the adage that for items such as this, buy cheap buy twice.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07B7VTJHK/ref=emc_b_5_t
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 2,554
    I second Gardena hoses and fittings, I find them so much more reliable than Hozelock. There are two types of hose, one is more rubbery than the other and is the more flexible one thats easier to rewind and less prone to kinking.
    I had a Hozelock hose which was claimed to be anti-kink.  It actually kinked more than any other hose I've had.
    Will definitely look into gardena. Thanks all😊
    I've noticed that they do connectors. I wonder if it's worth trying those before I fork out for a complete kit
    B3 said:
    I've noticed that they do connectors. I wonder if it's worth trying those before I fork out for a complete kit
    Definitely worth trying.  Nothing to lose.