Bean rust...Will I ever be rid of it?

I found my runner beans, French and broad beans suffered with bean rust back in 2015 and 2016. I've not tried again since - any advice as to the likelihood of being rid of it ever? I'm imagining the spores are lurking to this day waiting for their host to be planted?
If I'm stuck with the plague are their any beans that are resistant to it....any advice really 😊

• Is this a particularly difficult subject as I'm not getting any response at all and it's the second time I've posted (albeit with a couple of years in between)?
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,850
    I've just been reading a French website about using a purine/tea made from horsetail weed to combat afflictions such as rusts,mildew and other fungal problems.   I've seen it on sale here commercially in the organic sections of garden shops so looked it up.

Maybe worth a try?
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Thankyou I will, better make a note of it.
    We've visited La Vendée region in the past...La Tranche and L'Aiguillon sur Mer? Loved it.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,850
    We're half way between them and La Roche so countryside and greenery with easy access to the coast.  Love it too.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw