Who fancies a trip to Wisley?

• Mike AllenMike Allen Posts: 48
    This is a great idea.  However forum members are widely spread out.  So.  Travelling time must be considered.  Then take a look at an online map of Wisley.  Yes it is such a grand garden spread out over a vast area.  In a way.  We might plan a vist to New York.  No way will you see all that you wished for.  Likewise here at Wisley.  Please be wise and consider all aspects of your visit.  Why not contact the RHS/Wisley and perhaps arrange a community visit.  Who knows.  You may save a few pounds at the entrance.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,392
    I'm sure we'll cope.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,447
    It's not just Kew that has a sculpture exhibition when we're visiting :smile: :
    https://www.rhs.org.uk/gardens/wisley/whats-on/sculpture-at-wisley
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,399
    Its getting closer 😀😀😀

Time to check in on who can come, and who needs lifts and taxis from where ..... @B3 @Fire @LG_ @Liriodendron @Big Blue Sky @Rhubarb7 @Allotment Boy @madpenguin @gardeninglily1 .......and anyone else who wants to join us

The new welcome area has just opened, so there will be lots to see, and plenty of cake 🍰 opportunities 😎
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,447
    Just going to add @Topbird in case she's back from her travels in time (I know, probably not).

Definitely coming, definitely would like a lift from Woking, @chicky, if there's room!
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,392
    edited 7 July
    I'm not sure yet. Still. Yet.
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 5,330
    Also definitely coming, and also would definitely appreciate a lift from Woking, @chicky, if that's ok.  
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,399
    Brilliant - @Liriodendron and @LG_ your spaces are booked - that leaves one seat left in my car if anyone else is coming into Woking 🚗
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • gardeninglily1gardeninglily1 Posts: 423
    @chicky thank you for remembering me. I’ve not posted for a while. Always gardening but just got out of the habit of browsing. 
    Sadly I won’t be able to come  :(
    as it would be a couple of overnight stays for me. I would love to hear all about it and see all your photos. 
    Luckily RHS Tatton is on that weekend and that’s only an hour away so I will go there on the Sunday. But, thanks again - it’s very kind of you. X 
  • Big Blue SkyBig Blue Sky Posts: 348
    @chicky I am coming for sure, thank you for mentioning me. Won’t be needing a lift, but if it’s still ok with you I would like to be your guest on your membership card. Really looking forward to it. We probably would need to agree on the arrival time at some stage. Do you know if they have enough parking there or if we should be getting in earlier? Thank you @chicky 😊