Who fancies a trip to Wisley?

• LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,482
    Saturday 20 July it is.

Sorry that some can't make it, but quite understand. We'll eat cake on your behalf!

I'm also an RHS member, so I think there will be plenty of free places to go around. We just need to coordinate arriving together in pairs...

To that end:
    - Who will be travelling by train (and therefore wanting to share a cab)?
    - Of those travelling by train, who will be going to West Byfleet (4 miles from Wisley) and who to Woking (7 miles from Wisley)? And who can go to either?
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
    I meant to say - everyone welcome whether or not you've already committed! Anyone who would like to join in, even at the very last minute, should feel free to do so. 
    - Cicero
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,464
    I'll have to let you know closer to the date about sharing cabs etc. But it's likely I will be coming by train and wanting to share a cab.
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 5,398
    I can go to either West Byfleet or Woking.
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,529
    I will be driving - but happy to pick people up from Woking station - I have room for 3 😀
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,464
    Are there any other major gardens in the area?
  • Rhubarb7Rhubarb7 Central LondonPosts: 14
    Thanks @Liriodendron :smile: definitely coming by train out from London, either West byfleet or woking works fine 
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 5,398
    I've just started a new thread about a Kew visit the day before Wisley (Friday 19th).  I'm travelling down from Yorkshire so am spending the weekend in London to make the most of it.   :)  So far there are 4 takers, including me... the more the merrier!
    https://forum.gardenersworld.com/discussion/1027796/anyone-fancy-a-visit-to-kew#latest

You're welcome, @Rhubarb7&nbsp:)
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • Big Blue SkyBig Blue Sky Posts: 373
    chicky said:
    I’m in too - also an RHS member, so happy to pair with you @Big Blue Sky ....really looking forward to it 😀
    Thank you @chicky - I would love to be your +1. Looking forward to the trip already 😊🌺
    - Cicero