Who fancies a trip to Wisley?

• LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,453
    edited 26 April
    Anyone else?

Just tagging a few people who have expressed an interest in a 'Forum Trip' in the past, but everyone welcome!
    @Allotment Boy @Dovefromabove @WonkyWomble @Topbird @gardeninglily1 @Busy-Lizzie . Also, I may have tagged the wrong @BeausMum before. @Big Blue Sky - is that you on the Doodle?

I've removed a few dates where only two of the 5 who have filled it in can make it. @Liriodendron I know you can't complete it yet, but hopefully there are still plenty of options for you.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,626
    I am already going this coming Sunday with my Bonsai group.Should be good!
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,453
    Enjoy! I like that Bonsai walk they have there. Came across it by accident.
    We can't tempt you over the water for another trip in a couple of months, then ? ;)
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,569
    Can't come this year so please do take lots of lovely photos and share them.  It's ages since I had a whole day at Wisley.  The last few times it's been a quick one hour visit, coffee and plant raid before heading back to cross the Channel.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Big Blue SkyBig Blue Sky Posts: 356
    LG_ said:
    Anyone else?

Just tagging a few people who have expressed an interest in a 'Forum Trip' in the past, but everyone welcome!
    @Allotment Boy @Dovefromabove @WonkyWomble @Topbird @gardeninglily1 @Busy-Lizzie . Also, I may have tagged the wrong @BeausMum before. @Big Blue Sky - is that you on the Doodle?

I've removed a few dates where only two of the 5 who have filled it in can make it. @Liriodendron I know you can't complete it yet, but hopefully there are still plenty of options for you.
    Big Blue Sky is me 👋
    I work full time so can only go on a weekend, and I would love to be a guest of a member as otherwise I need to buy a ticket. 
    So I’m a difficult one 😄😄 but I would go if I can, and would pay for myself if needed. Thank you for double checking @LG ;
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,738
    Thank you, LG. We will be in Norfolk some of that time but we have a stream of friends and family coming to stay and it's a long drive. I'll think about it. I have been following this thread with interest though. I wish it was Bressingham you were coming to, only 10 mins away!
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 4,878
    Thanks for remembering me @LG_ 🙂

I would have enjoyed coming to Wisley. I've been a couple of times and it's very interesting. I also happen to have a friend who lives about 5 miles from the gardens. She has a spare bed and mixes a decent G&T so it should have been a very easy trip for me to say yes to.

However, we shall be in the far north of Scotland for nearly all of the proposed visit dates 😢 The actual dates of our hols will be determined by the still-unknown arrival date of our new motorhome. At the rate things are going we might still be waiting at the end of June.... So, if I can join you - I will. But it looks unlikely at the moment.

Hope you all have a wonderful day😎
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,626
    LG_ said:
    Enjoy! I like that Bonsai walk they have there. Came across it by accident.
    We can't tempt you over the water for another trip in a couple of months, then ? ;)
    Also got a coach trip to Great Dixter in a few weeks so that is probably my 'overseas' gardens quota for the year.
    Lots of NGS gardens on the Island though to enjoy over the summer!
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • @LG_ @Big Blue Sky thank you for thinking of me. I have never been to Wisley as it is soooo far away haha (I’m in NW). But me and little sis were thinking of going to Hampton Court in July so I will have a chat and see if Wisley is do-able instead. I’ll be in touch  :)
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,402
    I've added in my dates.