Artifical grass on suspended frame

hi, I currently have a very large decking area (13.7m x 4m) which is raised up over a sloping away garden. It currently is old timber and rotten away quite badly. Im looking to replace half with composite decking and half with artificial grass. As I’ll need to rip the old decking up but keep the existing framework what’s the best way to lay the artifical grass ? I’m thinking 18mm marine plywood, then a membrane, then 10mm grass underlay then the grass on top. Would that work or would the water just sit on the sheet boards.

any advice or tips much appreciated

thanks

David 

• lovegardening77lovegardening77 Berkshire Posts: 320
    edited 21 April
    Hi, some photos of what you have would be helpful. I might be wrong but would've thought you need drainage....
  • Hi,

I'm thinking of doing the same. Currently a standard decking framework then using marine plywood. So the membrane (like what you would use on concrete). As for drainage, would not a slight slope help.

My question is around the membrane, is this ok on marine ply, as in would it not hold any moisture in.

The thing here is I am not putting it over existing decking, I am starting afresh.

Thoughts and comments appreciated.

Steve