Why can't I stop buying plants?!

• IamweedyIamweedy Cheshire East. Posts: 1,364
    Its because you are kind to your plants. Actually I have become a little tougher about rescuing every plant I  encounter.

'You must have some bread with it me duck!'

• tessagardenbarmytessagardenbarmy York,North YorkshirePosts: 340
    I agree [email protected] . I'm garden mad and I am a plantaholic. Should we start Plantaholics Anonymous? Buying,sowing,growing can't  get enough of it. At least it's a relatively healthy obsession and if you grow or propagate your own not too expensive.  I went  to  Harrogate Flower Show yesterday and was quite restrained came back with only  2 plants and 2 packets of seeds!
  • ForTheBeesForTheBees Posts: 166
    Yesterday I was in the vicinity of my local Wyevale so I popped in to see what was in season. I'd told myself not to buy anything but I came out with two small dahlias. In my defense they were both knocked down from £5 to £1 each. Compared to most of the stuff on the sick shelf they were in good nick, with just a few tatty leaves now removed.  Pot them up and give some a feed and I should have two solid plants for the summer.
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,874
    Well I've been and done it.  Bought another Wisteria today, my fourth.  I promise that if I fail with this one I will not murder another.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 2,702
    I have no guilt buying plants whatsoever. I’m happy to pay someone else to grow seeds or cuttings into small plants in the ideal conditions I cannot provide, but enjoy growing on said small plants. I have my skills and talents, nurseries have theirs. 
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 5,100
    No wonder it's so difficult to stop buying.....
    I searched for the name of a salvia l already have,  just confirm colour, size etc.
    Next thing l know, l'm on a salvia growers website with 4 plants in my "basket", trying to stop myself from clicking on the buy button. I have closed the tab, but l can hear them calling me.
    I have no space for them, but they are so lovely ........ B)
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 2,917
    There is always a space to be filled, isnt there, (or you mkae one LOL)There are worst things we could be spending our money on
  • WillDBWillDB Posts: 1,965
    I happened to be in B&Q... they were selling their Dahlias and Lilies off for 10p each. Oh dear!
  • NanabooNanaboo Posts: 1,057
    AnniD, I don't buy to many plant but when I do I look to see if I can propagate from them or divide them, if not I grow from seeds and you wouldn't believe the amount of seeds I have. I have a a plastic walk in green house overflowing with seedling and a big cold frame full of cuttings and seedling. Then there is another open area with more plants waiting to go in, I just cant stop propagating
    A few in the cold frame.

A few more waiting to go into the ground. Most of these are from last year and two Clematis from the year before, I've already planted three clematis and have another. three to go in. I think the trouble with gardening is it's soooooo addictive.
  • MMflowerMMflower Posts: 53
    I have just seen bulbs reduced by 50% at my local Waitrose and ended up by 4 packets - 3 Dahlias and a Lily. Couldn't resist but don't know when I'll get around to planting them. :neutral: