Why doesn't my image attach?

yorkshireroseyorkshirerose North YorkshirePosts: 271
I'm trying to attach an image to a plant query I have. I've clicked on the 'attach image' icon and opened the photo i want, but it won't attach. I have also tried the option of sliding the image to the URL box, that hasn't worked either.
I'm a bit of a dinosaur with technology but have manged to attach images before without any problems.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
A gardener's work is never at an end  - (John Evelyn 1620-1706)

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,789
    Maybe the picture is too big.  Try re-sizing.

image.com/EN/#transform=&page_no=1&no_of_pages=1&filename=0.jpg&selection_top=24&selection_left=36&selection_width=409&selection_height=272&zoom=803&demomode=true 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • yorkshireroseyorkshirerose North YorkshirePosts: 271
    Hi, Obelixx. I have reduced the image size from 1.85MB to 88.5kb after Dovefromabove offered the same advice. I've tried yet again to attach the image without success. I think I'll give up now and my little mystery plant will have to stay just that.
    Thank you anyway.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,894
    Are you having a slow internet day perhaps?  Just taking a long time to load.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 4,605
    I think the limit is now something like 3-5MB.
    If your photo is a .jpg file it should upload ok
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • yorkshireroseyorkshirerose North YorkshirePosts: 271
    Thanks. I don't like being beaten. I will persevere and try again.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,789
    Are you clicking on the "attach file" or the "insert image" icon?  I sue the latter successfully - the last one with a down arrow next to it.   Then choose your file, click on Open and then Post.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Mr. Vine EyeMr. Vine Eye Posts: 344
    I'm having similar problems when using this website on my iPad. But not on my android phone. It's very hit and miss whether it lets me attach a photo on my iPad - sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. 

Sometimes it wont let me bring up the edit button on a post either.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,894
    I’ve never had a problem with either of those things on my iPad. Sometimes powering it off and back on again helps, especially if it’s just done an update. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.