Resolva Zero weedkiller is it any good?

madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,390
I have just finished my spray bottle of Resolva Weedkiller (with Glyphosate) and want to move away from this.
Has anyone tried Resolva Zero weedkiller (no Glyphosate) and were the results any good?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Resolva-Ready-Glyphosate-Killer-Litres/dp/B079RBCY7R/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=resolva+weedkiller&qid=1555512786&s=clothing&sr=8-8
“Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings

• micearguersmicearguers Posts: 164
    Just curious, what's the need? I have never needed weedkiller, it would probably take an alien invasive triffid such as Japanese knotweed before I'd consider it. Anyway, I am genuinely curious whether the target is something like that.
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,390
    edited 17 April
    I don't use much but sometimes it is the only thing that gets rid of persistent weeds in paving etc.
    Last bottle lasted 4 years.
    Manual weeding is obviously preferable but not always possible.
    Just wondering if anyone had used the Resolva Zero.
  • SkandiSkandi Northern DenmarkPosts: 565
    Is an article comparing the two active ingredients, zero will only kill the green parts it will work the same as spraying them with vinegar.

• Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 1,927
    Sorry, @Skandi, but I wouldn't trust those pro-industry people! Read more at https://usrtk.org/hall-of-shame/why-you-cant-trust-the-american-council-on-science-and-health/
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,468
    As you can't buy Glyphosate in France anymore, I use it on the gravel drive, I thought I'd try a no Glyphosate weed killer on the drive. It was brilliant - at first. Every weed was dried up and dead the following day or two - but a week later it had all started growing again. And the weed killer was expensive.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • bookmonsterbookmonster Posts: 276
    We have a weed burner. They do come back up, but no chemicals. Runs off camping gas.
  • WillDBWillDB Posts: 1,489
    Nothing works like glyphosate. I think used judiciously, it's OK.
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,390
    edited 18 April
    WillDB said:
    Nothing works like glyphosate. I think used judiciously, it's OK.
    I agree.I don't intend to slosh it about and a 1litre spray bottle can last me at least 5 years or so.
    If weeds can be removed in another way I always prefer to do so,but there are pernicious weeds,horsetail,bindweed,ground elder and dandelions in odd places where only glyphosate weedkiller works.

.......off to buy my Roundup tomorrow!