Help advise please

I came home this morning to find I have ants all over my lounge. I then went outside to see if I could find out where they were getting in only to find they are all over my two patio's in my new cold frame, my small plastic walk in greenhouse and in more or less every pot in the garden. Can anyone recommend a way of getting rid of them, I have sprayed the outside wall with Dethlac, OH as just said he's found some in the kitchen. We had almost and hour of really heave rain last night and today it is very humid so I think that has brought them all out. 

• B3B3 Posts: 9,093
    Antstop granules work. They take it back to their nest.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • NannaBooNannaBoo Posts: 666
    Thanks B3 I didn't know Antstop did granules We're going out in a bit to the shops so I'll look out for them. Thanks again.
    You're welcome.
     I use it when they get into the porch. They're usually gone by the next day.
    B3, Just home with two packs of 300 gm, put some in the lounge and kitchen will do outside in the morning. Thanks again.
    Good luck. I doubt you'll need two packs - but when you're under siege...😊
    B3, their in the front garden as well by the curb stones. I would sooner have some over than not enough. Son said it was most likely all the rain we had yesterday disturbed them. To give you some idea I now have a water butt full it was that heavy the road was like a river.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,197
    Rentokil ant and insect powder is pretty good. I had a couple of the blighters in my kitchen last week,  they come up around a central heating pipe. They are now gone.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
    Thanks fidgetbones, if the one B3 recommended doesn't work I give it a try. I think the ones in the lounge might have come up from around the central heating pipe's like yours. I went mad when I saw them on the patio window's and on the kitchen windowsill. We had to get rid of a red ant's nest in the lawn last year and remove the mound, this year I need to re seed once I know they have not come back.
    edited 18 April
    How's it going? @Dee73
    B3, Only finding a few today so put some more down inside and out and sprayed outside under the windowsills with Dethlac. I'ts now a case of all finger crossed but I'm winning. Son said walking to his car from work they were every where. It must have been the very heavy rain we had the day before woke them all up. I'm just glad they weren't those flying one's Yuk. Thanks again for putting me onto the Antstop granules.