Forum home Tools and techniques

Gardening gloves

124»

• FireFire LondonPosts: 7,064
    I bought some Briers on your recommendations and they are amazing. Wish I had bought them years ago and saved me some scarring.
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 1,537
    Well done @Fire they do help with some jobs. I got a pair for my upcoming rose pruning. 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 7,064
    @Rik56 I have loads of spikey plants and roses, so the gloves are a godsend. I didn't realise how much so until I used proper ones that thorns don't get through.
  • PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 1,052
    I use the red rubber builders one from [email protected] My hands are not particularly large, but they help with the tough jobs. Most of the time I find washing up gloves are good, but they don't last long. However, it's better than bare hands which I prefer, but due to cuts leading to sepsis etc I try to avoid. I wouldn't bother with the material ones that seem to be all for show, like tiny pink watering cans.
    SW Scotland
  • mandyroberts99mandyroberts99 BedfordshirePosts: 125
    Several of you recommend Briers. Which glove? The do several types
  • For most jobs,  I just use old washing-up rubber gloves.  I'm left handed, so the left hand glove gives up the ghost first,  At my last house, my right-handed neighbour whose right hand glove had given up, and I, used to keep the good ones and swap a left one for a right one.  We regularly were seen wearing two different coloured gloves, hehe.