Lightweight Loppers?

Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,325
I think I need to get a new pair of loppers, the lightweight ones with aluminium handles, as my small hands are getting arthritic and I also have a shoulder problem. I'm looking at the Fiskar ones, the small size is £58 with a £20 cashback deal at the moment. Expensive but are they worth it? Can anybody recommend them please?

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,805
    @Busy-Lizzie Lizzie likes Fiskars. 

I bought a pair with extendable handles for 29€ in our first year here - bypass blade, not anvil.  The wee bits that hold the handles short or extended lasted about 5 minutes so we took them back and got a new pair.  Same again.   Haven't bothered exchanging them again.  The blade is very sharp and cuts cleanly so we just put up with the stupid handles and they are definitely lighter than the Wolf pair.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,643
    Yes, I think it's worth spending a bit and that sounds a good offer. I like Fiskars. I bought a cheap pair, Gardena, they are pathetic and I can't use them with my arthritic hands. They must be strong and sharp.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,325
    edited 15 April
    Thanks @Obelixx and @Busy-Lizzie. I've decided I'll go and get them tomorrow. I looked online and they must be a new issue so around the same price. They appear to do them in different sizes and the small size ones that I saw today in Homebase look just right for me. I saw different makes in another GC with the new aluminium handles so everybody's jumping on the lightweight bandwagon - Could that possibly be that they've done some research and found that baby boomer gardeners are mostly ladies with the cash!