Eggs in pond- snails??

Spotted these eggs today, don’t think they were there yesterday, but could have missed them. Snails do you think? I can’t find a similar pic doing a google search so I’m a bit baffled. It’s like large frog spawn lol!

• SkandiSkandi Northern DenmarkPosts: 597
    It's not snail eggs that I can say. they look like bits of jelly and are stuck on leaves they don't have that black middle  it's one of the amphibians but I cannot be sure which.
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 24,688
    It looks like frog spawn to me. Toad spawn is laid in distinct strings and newts lay individual eggs on the undersides of water plant leaves.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • FlinsterFlinster Posts: 750
    It looks like frogspawn but doesn’t look right hence my post. Frogspawn tend to be in a tight clump - we had 3 lots this spring that hatched weeks ago. This isn’t tightly clumped and the jelly surrounding it is quite large blobs if that makes sense, so the eggs are quite far apart as frog spawn goes, it also seems flatter rather than a clump. If you imagine taking a clump of frogspawn out and it being a spherical clump, this would be a flat clump.. like a sheet of frogspawn lol! How curious...
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 24,688
    I have had frog spawn that looked like that Flinster. It will be interesting to watch the development.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • FlinsterFlinster Posts: 750
    It looked so different I doubted myself and thought it MUST be something else! Wonder if we will get any more, it’s quite late!