Thompson and Morgan

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,203
    @Jason milly , l am also sorry to hear that. 
  • Jason millyJason milly Posts: 490
    Thanks for your thoughts. He is amazing the doctors at the age of 85 they say he should not of survived it , but he comes from the old tough breed 😉

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,940
    I had a Pa like that ... he was in a coma on his 90 th birthday ... and recovered ... he was never strong after that but he had happy times and Ma was with him in the Lovely Home by the seaside  ... I said goodbye to him several times in the next few years before he finally drifted away just after his 95th birthday. 

Whatever happens I hope your father is content and comfortable. My best thoughts are with you all. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,545
    Sounds familiar, I had a dad like that as well, somehow they have a need to cling on to life, I too hope your dad is comfy and well looked after.  Mine died aged 92. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• KiliKili Posts: 102
    edited 18 April
    AnniD said:
    Have you tried ringing 

0333 400 033 

No idea why that's in bold. I know it costs money (same as ringing an 01 number l believe),  but you might get somewhere. 
    Don't waste your time ringing during the day as you cant get through ( Well I couldn't) I rang at 19:15 this evening and got through straight away. Apparently my order got lost in the post and there sending me another lot but, of course this wont be until Tuesday of next week.

I wanted to try Surfina but, as you cant buy seed the only way to get them is to buy plug plants. The only time I've never grown what I need and bought plants online. Thompson Morgan are okay for seed but I Wont bother with them again for plug plants as all the posts I looked at before ordering in the hope that they might get it right in my case are simply true. They simply cant cope come the summer season.

Buy elsewhere unless its seed.

Kili

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,545
    My parents had been Gardeners since the 60”s  mum with the flowers, dad the veg, but neither of them liked T &M seeds,  I don’t either, if they’re a freebie I’ll sow them but wouldn’t buy.  I don’t think the germination is as good as some other firms. 

They have said over the years that they’re trying to improve the service, it never happens.
    Do they still put that full page ad in the Gardeners World magazine,  I haven’t bought one for a few years but if so it’s a bad ad for the mag.   I suppose they fund the mag but even so, not very good.

They used to do offers where you just paid the postage, it used to be about £6.00, the plants they sent were not worth 6.00 half the time. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• HazybHazyb Posts: 204
    I don’t use TM often but when I have done the plants have come on time to be fair. 

Last year I got Hydrangea Runaway Bride and it came when stated. 

Before Xmas I ordered a Sunflower Sunbelievable for a pot and delivery was stated as April. It came in April. 

Maybe it all all depends on what is ordered and sizes of order? 
  • chris_oneilchris_oneil Posts: 1
    I've finished with Thompson and Morgan. I've previously bought Bizzy Lizzie and winter pansy plug plants and they were very small and only just managed to grow them on in time for planting but small when I put them in. I vowed never to buy any more. However I needed some trailing begonia so gave them another chance, bad decision. I ordered 'Garden Ready' plants to be on the safe side and to be honest they were only dustbin ready!! The plants were tiny and in poor condition and not fit for planting never mind growing on. In comparison I have just bought some bizzies from B & Q and they are just superb. So no more chances T & M, I can't keep being disapointed by you.

• BloodyNoraBloodyNora Posts: 43
    I was reeled in by some of their offers last Oct and one set never arrived and one arrived but only half the plugs survived. Crocus have been good but will be off to Morrisons - never knew they sold plants!