Forum home Problem solving

Trachelospernum jasminoidies

Hi all, Help I have had this Jasmin in the ground for a year it hasn’t grown much although is showing signs of new growth.The problem is it has turned yellow and doesn’t look very healthy, any advice would be welcome. Thanks 😊

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 9,853
    I find that happens after a while if the soil gets very dry.
    Is it in a pot or in the ground?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 33,273
    edited April 2019
    Looks like they're hungry too
    Devon.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 10,487
    That could be the old leaves just dying off as new ones start appearing. I don't think the heat last year helped much either. I would water it well if it's been dry where you are, feed it with slow release fertiliser pellets (or blood, fish & bone if you prefer), then mulch it well with well rotted manure. 
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 20,369
    I think it needs feeding and watering. The new shoots look yellow too, unless that's just the photo. My Star Jasmine has old leaves that are going yellow and red but the new shoots at the tips of the branches are green.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Hostafan1 said:
    Looks like they're hungry too
    Thanks 
  • I think it needs feeding and watering. The new shoots look yellow too, unless that's just the photo. My Star Jasmine has old leaves that are going yellow and red but the new shoots at the tips of the branches are green.
    Thanks 
  • Lizzie27 said:
    That could be the old leaves just dying off as new ones start appearing. I don't think the heat last year helped much either. I would water it well if it's been dry where you are, feed it with slow release fertiliser pellets (or blood, fish & bone if you prefer), then mulch it well with well rotted manure. 
    Thanks I will feed it and see how it goes 
  • I have the same plant in a 45 cm container and it is a year old. Wanted to train it to cover my fence along with some other climbers and could not plant it in the ground where I need to place it so got the biggest cement container I could afford.

I have found it took the first year to establish and this season, it has started producing many new shoots.

Since I have had it, I have fed it blood, fish and bone plus chicken manure pellets and also a clematis feed for climbing plants. Have also kept it well watered, especially during last summer when it got really hot. Not seen yellow leaves on mine so maybe some feed would help as the others have suggested and also some mulch/bark to keep the moisture in.
  • Thanks very much 💐