Left over wood.

We recently made a big cold frame and have lots off cuts, any suggestions what I could make with them all. If it had been only a few I would have used the to remind me what had been planted in which row but there are far more than a few. We have a bird table, lots of bird houses, I just can't think of what else to make. 

• HortusHortus Posts: 36
    You could make a bug hotel, butterfly house, mining bee nest box, hedgehog house for the winter.....just for starters
  • NannaBooNannaBoo Posts: 949
    Have to be careful with things that sting as OH is diabetic and I made a hog house last year which had one in over winter. I look up a butterfly house as no heard of that before so that's an idea. Thanks Hortus
  • HortusHortus Posts: 36
    No problem. Mining bees do not sting but best to avoid if you are in any doubt.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,318
    Your own trellis?
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,697
    Offer it on Freegle/Freecycle?
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
    Pansyface I want to make something with it and have decided to make two or three troughs. Just need to decide how to line it. Otherwise yes I would have put it on the two sites you suggested. Lizzi27 it's off cuts of 4 inch wide fence panels and 2 x 2 1/2 inch timber so a bit to wide for a trellis they are all the left over wood is around 2 ft long from making my cold frame.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 1,772
    Just use rubbish sacks or compost bags, they will last as long as the wood @Dee73.🙂
    Thanks purplerallim plenty of compost bags and they are a bit tougher.