In exile from my garden...

I've been enviously checking in to the forum while in South Korea for 3 weeks helping my DIL with new grandson but managed a couple of outings.
Cherry blossom in Changwon.

and Namji rape blossom festival

• RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 1,185
    Nothing to see back home.
    I have heard of Cherry blossom festivals but not rape seed flowers.  I found that funny amusing, no idea why.
    Hope you do not get hayfever :)

The blue horse statue intrigued me so I looked it up. Interesting idea a donated car, it is rather good. Has it stood the test of time?

Hope you have a lovely visit.
  • Singing GardenerSinging Gardener EssexPosts: 827
    Thanks @Rubytoo, the horse looks as good as it did when we were last here 18months ago but some of the others sculptures have disappeared.

I posted a couple of  photos of the rape festival on instagram but entitled them "flower festival" in case I attraceted the wrong sort of followers!
  • RubytooRubytoo On the sofa, Southerly aspect.Posts: 1,185

I posted a couple of  photos of the rape festival on instagram but entitled them "flower festival" in case I attraceted the wrong sort of followers!
    :D
    I do like the horse so glad it survived.

• B3B3 Posts: 9,966
    The rape seed festival must smell awful or is it a different type of rapeseed?
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    Same type. Strong smell but not unpleasant according to OH. My sense of smell is very limited unfortunately so could barely detect it. 7 week old grandson didn't seem to mind.
  • B3B3 Posts: 9,966
    Must be just me then.  glad you enjoyed the festival😊
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    I must admit that I thought it strange when DIL suggested we go to a rape flower festival. Perhaps Koreans don't have this allergy.