Forum home Plants

Geranium Rozanne / Climber Suggestions

harmonyharmony Posts: 325
Hi,  (1st pic)I think these are geranium rozanne what do you think. (2nd pic) Also would love suggestions for a climber to grow up this old Berberris. Thanks Area is South facing and quite sheltered

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,360
    Yes those look like G. Roxanne. 

As for a climber ... what else have you got growing nearby, what’s the soil like and when do you want the most colour?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 18,438
    Think I'd go for a clematis but there is loads of choice. Group 3 is usually easy, quite tough, just chop it down every year late winter/early spring. Look up viticella.https://www.taylorsclematis.co.uk/Clematis-viticella/
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • harmonyharmony Posts: 325
    Soil is clay ( not heavy ). There's hebe heartbreaker and a green leaved hebe with pinky/lilac flowers (forgotton name)  also a Skimmia and a couple of laurels. In between the shrubs there's Campanula white clips and Geranium Rozanne. Ideally I would like flowers as long as possible 😊 but mainly spring/summer and something self clinging. I do love honeysuckle but think they might be too vigorous I dont want to swamp the berberis frame. Thanks

• LoxleyLoxley Posts: 4,452
    I'd go for a Clematis texensis variety; they flower at the back end of summer and are not too big.