Forum home Plants

Allium has come up with head bent pointing downwards??

• Chat away 😀
    That one is beautiful. I have been trying so far without success to Id the other one. I can’t find a match for the leaves so far and they seem to be quite an unusual shape for clematis that are commonly available. I’m kicking myself that I didn’t photograph the few flowers it produced last year. I will follow your advice because I do love a clematis. I have 5!
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 54,819
    Can you describe the flowers?
    @Richard Hodson,  who owns Hawthornes Clem Nursery, posts here, and may be able to help if he sees the description, and the foliage.

Of course - it may not be a clematis at all  ;)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • I can’t remember what they looked like and I just searched my photos in case I took any but no luck. I may just have to wait and see. I seem to remember that the flowers did look like clematis, but I can’t even reliably call to mind the colour let alone the shape. 
  • JennyJJennyJ Posts: 10,431
    The crinkly clematis reminds me of one I used to have, "Early Sensation", one of the Cartmanii types, white flowers with a green-ish centre.
    Doncaster, South Yorkshire. Soil type: sandy, well-drained
  • Ooh, yes - I think that may well be it. I think I remembered wrong which one flowered when last year - in the tangle they were in. I’ve a feeling the Constance may have had a second flowering last autumn, and the Cartmanii flowers definitely ring a bell. I’m guessing it has not flowered this year because I was quite brutal when I cut them back to move the trough. I also think it’s not enough sun for the cartmanii. Hmm. 
  • Thank you!!
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,417
    to return to the original. Nectaroscordum doesn't come up like that. It comes up straight and the flowers droop when the buds open. Then stand up again as the seeds form

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Oh dear
  • The flowers are opening up and straightening up! 😀
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,417
    It's not Nectaroscordum siculum

In the sticks near Peterborough