Don't forget clock's go forward tonight

Hampshire_HogHampshire_Hog Hampshire Coast 100m from the seaPosts: 1,089
Don't forget clock's go forward tonight so one hour's less sleep  :/ 

"You don't stop gardening because you get old, you get old because you stop gardening." - The Hampshire Hog

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,945
    Or one more hour for gardening.......
  • Muddle-UpMuddle-Up Posts: 14,524
    I've never been able to get my head round this concept.  I do understand the notion of an hour's less sleep if you work on Sunday and need to be up in time, fair enough. 
    But if you don't, why not put the clocks forward when you get up on Sunday?  Same amount of sleep, but when you get up at, say, 09.00, it's actually 10.00.  Easier to adjust....by the time the clocks say ' 23.00' or whatever, you've had all day to accustom yourself.  You just think 'Heck, is it 23.00 already?'
    Am I missing something?  Don't answer that.  Unless you really need to. 😉
    Aberdeenshire, NE Scotland 🌞  
    FIDDLESTICKS AND FLAPDOODLE!
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 18,184
    Quite agree.  I sleep till I wake up and get up after OH has brought me coffee and then do whatever needs doing.   What will confuse me for a while is not feeling quite hungry at "dinner" time and as I'm the cook, that can mean a late dinner for a week or 3.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,945
    I always change the clocks when l get up on the Sunday morning, as Muddle Up says it makes things less painful . 
  • B3B3 Posts: 10,532
    Apparently when it was introduced in Australia, there were complaints that the extra daylight would fade the curtains and confuse the cattle. Anyway, that's what an Australian told me and I'm a gullible type😊
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,713
    Apparently it's under debate in Europe to ditch this nonsense by October 2021. I don't know what is to debate or why it takes so long to not adjust a clock but it can't happen soon enough IMO.
    As a morning person who wakes early and waits to get up, I think we should move the clocks forward at least two hours😊
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 2,983
    I agree with @Muddle-Up, I think. I find the worst bit is Monday morning alarm clock, as that is the exact moment when you notice the hour you ‘lost’. 
    When I used to work nights, we would relish the Spring hour less, but curse at the Autumn extra hour - partly as we were paid the same for both! 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
    That's a con. My OH was a fireman. They had to work the extra hour for nothing but wouldn't necessarily be on shift when the clocks went back again.
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 2,983
    Yep. NHS here. 
    We used to have a longer ‘lunch’ break on the long night and bring treats and bakes in,  but it’s too busy these days. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales.