Frog Exodus

Hi All, I've returned to theforum after a long break & seeking advice & wisdom! 

I appear to have a complete absence of frogs & newts this year, and wondered if this is a particular issue locally. I installed a wildlife pond when I moved in 4 years ago, and was quite quickly visited by one or two frogs. I've never seen any spawn or tadpoles previously, but last year was great for newts; had a number of young spawning in early summer which was a real treat.
I imagine the extremes of weather last year (especially the snow & ice which we rarely see here on the coast) have played a part, but it seems odd that there has been zero amphibian life seen so far.

Any thoughts would be great...I'm getting green with envy (grooaaann!) seeing so many peoples posts on frogs spawning in their gardens!

• purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,117
    I don't have a pond but I do get year round visits from frogs and toads. As I cleaned the greenhouse a week or so back found a frog under a tub ( not much  bigger than a five pence piece),  but I usually find them in the beds during summer.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 15,314
    No frogs here this year and only four male and one female toad. No newts either. We are in a national park with no crop spraying or nasty stuff going on nearby.

Nope, just one more sign that the planet is slowly going down the tubes, I’m afraid.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.