RESURRECTED SEVENTY-THREE

Now, don't go 'casting clouts' till may is out, Rezzers.......

Link back :   https://forum.gardenersworld.com/discussion/1025465/resurrected-seventy-two#latest

Aberdeenshire, NE Scotland 🌞  
FIDDLESTICKS AND FLAPDOODLE!

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,381
    Love the sea of bluebells and the blossom M-U.

I am freezing.
    SW Scotland
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 26,029
    Lovely picture to start the new Rez M-U. Lots to look forward to. Joyce - hot water bottle and electric blanket (am I right in thinking that you have one???) alternatively a duvet and if the sun is shining, do a 'cat' and sit in the pool of light it provides. Off to prick out some seedlings now.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Rebecca110Rebecca110 Posts: 1,469
    A beautiful picture MU.  Been sm andthe lady on the till was saying that we are due for some colder weather.  Windy out but not cold.  Dad blacked out after getting back from sm shop.  He's having a cup of tea now but banged his head.  He's going to rest.  Rubee is in the garden, her favourite place, and Bruno and Casper are curled up together on the bed.  I'm going to have a cup of tea and make Dad one.  Hope you have a good day.  Saw some nice pyjamas in sm but was creating a bottleneck so had to exit with trolley.
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,381
    I hope your dad didn't hurt his head badly and feels better soon Rebecca.

No sun here LB. Thermal vest, polo neck jumper and fleece on.
    SW Scotland
  • Muddle-UpMuddle-Up Posts: 14,520
    Hope your OH/ your dad is okay, Ruby and Rebecca.  Must be such a worry having no idea when it's going to happen.  Cuppa will sort him out, hopefully.

Went outside to shift a few pots.  Started raining harder.  Ho hum.  Took some photos, just so's you can see that we still have daffies, and more to come.  I'll not mention the unraked leaves and the Spanish Bluebells...😶

This year's collection of pot sherds....I try to keep all the bits I find.  One day I might even do something with them.  I have visions of previous house dwellers hurling cups and plates at each other, all day, every day....

Not a good photo, this one, the light was in the wrong place (  😆) but the mirabelle plum is in blossom....

• RubeeRubee Posts: 4,897
    edited 27 March
    Joyce OH blacked ou t in the hallway while we were unpacking groceries. He fell against the radiator.Fortunatey his shoulders took most of the impact . He is ok now . After having lunch he seems a lot better. Rebecca was here so it gave me a few minutes break before she went home .He blacked out in his chair yesterday . He usually has a black outs about once a week .Sometimes he has a cluster .Its very worrying ,sometimes it’s  him trying to do too much .We are watching pms question time .Just hoping  he doesn’t have any more today.
  • ForestedgeForestedge Posts: 3,650
    Ruby - Your OH blacking out so much must be a huge worry for you and Rebecca.

Lovely photos MU.  Blue is a very popular colour for crockery.

On this morning's walk we spotted bluebells coming out in sheltered spots in the hedgerows - seems massively early to me.
  • Muddle-UpMuddle-Up Posts: 14,520
    It IS early, F'edge.  Even up here, and we usually bring up the back of the queue when it comes to Spring.  But we had a very mild winter.  And a very good summer.

Ruby, is your OH still using the treadmill?  I suppose his blackouts have to be 'managed' as best you can, as there's nothing medical that can be offered.  But it must wear you all out.

Joyce.....any news, yet?  About the boiler, I mean.  I hope these 'Experts' are prepared to listen to the recent history of 'repairs' before they make start.

• 1Runnybeak11Runnybeak1 Posts: 8,490
    Afters Rezzers. 

A lovely springtime picture MU. 
    Your daffs and tree in full blossom are gorgeous too.
    What a chatty lot we are i’m glad to say. 

SGL.  Only caught up with Rez and sorry to read that Poppett has chicken pox. Let’s hope it’s a mild dose she has and that her baby sister doesn’t get it.  I hope the new Mum to be has had CP as a child to create an immunity. 🤞🏻🤞🏻I’m sure you have checked it out.  
    RUBEE.  Oh dear, hope your OH is feeling ok now. Even though he’s been like this for years I’m sure it’s a worry none the less.   I hope you ankle is almost mended now. 
    TBIRD.  I concur with what you said about your MIl & FIL, only in my case it’s about me and my OH.   Iv already told the kids that we don’t expect them to look after us in our dotage and have made arrangements.   They have their lives to lead.  Of course everyone is different on their opinions about such things.  
    On a happier note....when she s your new super baby arriving ?  
    JOYCE.  I think a water bottle and a duvet to snuggle into is best.   Nice and light but warm too.  Be careful not to trip up in it when you did get up.  Like you’d go 0-60mph anyway ☺️

Gone blank....it’s there, I just can’t bring the posts to the fore 😐😐
    Syl.  
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 12,664
    Aaarrrgggg, LB that made my toes curl 😣😣😣 sounds really painful. Hope it heals soon.
    Rubee, hope your OH is ok, must be very worrying.
    How's your ankle/foot, hope it's much better 
    MU, lovely  photo, especially the bluebells, one of my favourites.
    RB, Phoned Dil this morning.......Poppet only had a few spots yesterday but now she is covered and feeling quite poorly. Baby sister is ok at the moment 🤞🤞 Dil has had them and so has my son. But you can get them again......or shingles 😕 we are now staying well clear......as much as I'd like to help or see poppet I can't risk it with OH. Yes plenty of calamine lotion 😉
    My minds gone blank too, OH gawd 😳